TipTop Tips for First Time Home Buyers
Pride of Ownership is the number one reason why Canadians desire to own their own home. Home ownership provides you and your family with a sense of stability and security. It is an excellent investment in your future. So now what to do???
First and Foremost
1) Do you have the financial resources to buy a home or property? Visit a Mortgage Specialist at a Lending Institution or Mortgage Broker to determine if you qualify, your spending limitations for purchase price range and all cost associated with owning a home.
2) Do you have a down payment? In most cases you should have a minimum of 5% or more of the purchase price. Once you are pre-qualified then the next step is to call your REALTOR – TipTop Realty Inc Brokerage at 905-355-1555 or 613-475-9800
We want to know your needs. Some things to take into consideration when looking for a home may include;
1) Costs – how much can you afford and how much do you want to spend
2) Location is key. Where do you want to live? Consider your commute to work, family obligations and privacy needs.
3) Town vs Country living. Both are very desirable but different. If you want privacy and room to roam then country may be for you. If you want to be able to walk town streets and visit the local library or park then town may be for you. Both are enjoyable features however your preference is key.
4) How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need? Take into consideration your current situation. Is it growing or are you downsizing?
5) Do you want a multiple level home or a bungalow with everything all on one floor?
6) Old or new home? Some like the character offered from an older home while the newer home provides possibly less updating.
Other Expenses to take into Consideration
1) Home Insurance
2) Expenses for heating, hydro and connection fees or transfers for all utilities, phone and internet
3) Moving costs
4) Lawyers fees
5) Land Transfer Tax
NEXT STEP – Lets start Looking. We are so excited to work with you in finding your first forever home!